We support the ability to rearrange your chapters in any order you would like from "My Custom DVDs." From here you can also trim chapters online. For more information see Creating a Custom Movie.
If you would like to do more advanced editing of your video using a video editor like Apple iMovie or Microsoft Movie Maker, you can extract the video file from the DVD with minimal technical prowess. The video file format is Mpeg-2 with AC3 Audio (Dolby Digital 2-channel) in .vob file format.
1. Insert the DVD into your computer DVD drive.
2. The DVD player on your computer may start automatically. Close the DVD player.
3. Open the file viewer and click on the "DVD Drive" which will open the folders within the DVD (see below).
4. The folder "VIDEO_TS" contains the source video files in .vob format. Click on the folder to open it.
5. You can copy any of these video files (through cut & paste) from the DVD to your computer to edit.
The actual video files are represented by the name "VTS_01....VOB". In the below example, there are 3 video files on this DVD that contain all of the footage. Highlight Videos that YesVideo creates are represented by "VTS_02...", VTS_03..." and "VTS_04...".